Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random blurb: Mayday Parade

If you like music, then I guarantee that you will like Mayday Parade. I feel like there is no need to say more than that, but since some of you are probably not familiar with the band I will tell you a little bit about them. Mayday Parade, according to wikipedia, is considered a pop punk or emo band but I feel like those labels do not do them justice at all. So, according to me, Mayday Parade is a solid rock band with punk influences. The reason I chose to talk about Mayday Parade was because of all the awesome things happening for them lately, such as: releasing their, self titled, third full length album that sold almost ten thousand more copies than the last, and they're headlining The Noise Tour 2011 (which I am very excited to hopefully be seeing). Oh, and if this is your first time hearing about Mayday Parade I highly suggest checking out their first record A Lesson In Romantics, which is by far their greatest achievement as a band (the record was completed before losing one of their most important members). Their newest album, however, is definitely a close a second. Check out this video for the first song off of the record Mayday Parade, entitled, "Oh Well, Oh Well,"

No comments:

Post a Comment